Interested in Working at One of St. Louis’ Best Places to Work?
At Think Tank we do things differently from the “other guys” and that includes finding the best people in the industry to hire. And, since we’ve been named one of St. Louis’ Best Places to Work (as named by the St. Louis Business Journal) for the past three years in a row we can guarantee you’ll love working for us! Interested in one of our positions or in being an intern with Think Tank? Read our job descriptions below and be sure to submit your cover letter, resume, work samples/portfolio and any relevant references. If we think you’re Ninja-worthy we’ll be giving you a jingle!
The Account Executive is responsible for daily contact between the agency and one or more client accounts. The account executive interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client. This includes meeting with the creative director concerning creative issues and input, the director of interactive marketing concerning interactive projects, the traffic manager concerning scheduling and timing and the CEO to discuss the accounts overall.
The account executive has major input in developing strategic marketing plans for their clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the account executive is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis.
The account executive is also responsible for gaining new business from existing clients. S/he is not a salesperson; s/he is a service person. Reports to the CEO.
- Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- Receives client briefings.
- Adds tasks into project management systems such as Basecamp after all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel.
- Quickly and accurately relays Client Change Orders to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls, texts and emails.
- Oversees execution of approved programs.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Informs supervisors regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves supervisors immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Keeps account coordinator/assistant informed of client activities.
- Represents agency at industry and community functions.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Excellent communication, public speaking and writing skills.
- Experience in account management.
- Team building skills.
- Bachelors degree in related field.
- Experience managing social media accounts.
- Understanding of SEO, Google AdWords a plus.
- Prior agency experience a plus.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com or fill out the contact form below.