The Front End Web Designer designs and assists in the development and management of assigned web projects for the agency and its clients. This person should be skilled at conceiving and designing websites that are visually inviting, functional, dynamic, effective, and capable of maintaining the brand image and achieving the strategic goals/objectives set forth in the strategic marketing plan and sitemap. They are well versed in UI/UX.
This person works with website coders, web copywriters and content developers within the agency to produce, maintain and update content and design for agency produced and maintained websites.
- The web designer should be capable of handling multiple projects, and have strong interpersonal skills. This person should have a well-developed design sensibility and an eye for detail, and be skilled at verbal and written communications with the ability to write copy
- The web designer should be a self-starter and have the ability to think outside of the box
- The web designer should have extensive knowledge of and experience in typographic, identity, web, information and interactive design
- The web designer must have experience with programs such as Adobe XD and Adobe Creative Suite
- A degree in communications design or a related field is desirable
The Ideal Candidate Would Have:
- Excellent communication, public speaking and writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree or similar experience in related field
- Prior agency experience a plus
What You’ll Be Doing
- Works with assigned web programmers and web copywriters/content developers to concept and design websites and other interactive properties which will meet client strategic planning objectives.
- Helps develop content for web/interactive projects based on UI/UX
- Prepares web/interactive design projects for presentation
- Provides regular progress reports for ongoing web/interactive design projects
- Assists with updating and maintenance of internet and web properties
- Concepts, designs and assists in launching a variety of online advertising formats
- Periodically reviews websites and other interactive properties and recommends updates of content and design
- Stays current with regard to web design trends, tools and practices
- Requests additional training, tools, software and hardware upgrades to ensure a high level of skills and knowledge
- Competitive pay based on your skill level, not your previous salary
- Ability to craft your work environment with flexible locations
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave (including mothers, fathers, adoptive parents)
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible work schedules
We have hikers, mountain climbers, musicians, runners, video game gurus, movie buffs, extroverts, and introverts. We have family people, single people, happy people, caring people. You will always find a friend and your place to fit in here at Think Tank.
As a woman-owned company committed to equal employment opportunities, diversity drives our identity. Think Tank is the type of company where you can balance great work with a great life. You age is only a number to us – we don’t care if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for your experience and willingness to be part of the team. We strive to take care of our people and genuinely care about them.
Think Tank is a company comprised of creators, innovators, artists, storytellers, makers and leaders. We’ve been named both Best Marketing Firm and Best Public Relations Firm in St. Louis for 11 years in a row and have been awarded Most Innovative Company in St. Louis, a Future 50 Company, one of the Largest Marketing Firms in St. Louis, and Best Place to Work in St. Louis. We’ve also won countless awards including Telly Awards, Communicator Awards, TAM Awards and more! Company culture is our priority, and we proudly support an inclusive employee environment. We know that our clients are best supported when our teammates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion or ability, are equally supported. We believe in equal opportunities for everybody.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form on this page.