The Graphic Designer works independently on assigned projects, or as a member of a project team. The designer works up concepts and fulfills layout assignments according to supplied strategic and creative input. The designer works directly with Account Executives under the direction of a Creative Director.
- Knowledge of production processes, with experience in digital illustration and layout software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other industry design and production software
- Drawing skills
- Knowledge of printing processes
- Knowledge of paper and print specifications
- Familiarity with type styles, type design and type specifications
- Familiarity with stock photography as well as retouching and image manipulation
- Desire for learning all things graphic design and industry trends
- A great attitude and team oriented (nerf gun skills a plus)
The Ideal Candidate Would Have:
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Excellent communication, public speaking and writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree or similar experience in related field
- Prior agency experience a plus
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provides design and illustration (digital and/or traditional) from conception to completion as required
- Works with Creative Director, Account Executives, and copywriting teams to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns
- Assists account teams with presentations for creative and new business pitches
- Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions; takes training in the use of new design and illustration software as the agency requires
- Assists in archiving and maintaining digital files, project hard copies, photography, illustrations, logo art, type styles, historical collateral samples, etc., of client materials and resources, and in maintaining a log of said archives to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references
- Maintains current computer software skills compatible with the needs of other creative team members
- Competitive pay based on your skill level, not your previous salary
- Ability to craft your work environment with flexible locations
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave (including mothers, fathers, adoptive parents)
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible work schedules
We have hikers, mountain climbers, musicians, runners, video game gurus, movie buffs, extroverts, and introverts. We have family people, single people, happy people, caring people. You will always find a friend and your place to fit in here at Think Tank.
As a woman-owned company committed to equal employment opportunities, diversity drives our identity. Think Tank is the type of company where you can balance great work with a great life. You age is only a number to us – we don’t care if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for your experience and willingness to be part of the team. We strive to take care of our people and genuinely care about them.
Think Tank is a company comprised of creators, innovators, artists, storytellers, makers and leaders. We’ve been named both Best Marketing Firm and Best Public Relations Firm in St. Louis for 11 years in a row and have been awarded Most Innovative Company in St. Louis, a Future 50 Company, one of the Largest Marketing Firms in St. Louis, and Best Place to Work in St. Louis. We’ve also won countless awards including Telly Awards, Communicator Awards, TAM Awards and more! Company culture is our priority, and we proudly support an inclusive employee environment. We know that our clients are best supported when our teammates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion or ability, are equally supported. We believe in equal opportunities for everybody.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form on this page.