The Graphic Designer works independently on assigned projects, or as a member of a project team. The designer works up concepts and fulfills layout assignments according to supplied strategic and creative input. The designer may, on occasion, work directly with Account Executives but more typically works under the direction of an Art Director or Creative Director. Reports to the Creative Director.
Knowledge of production processes, with experience in digital illustration and layout software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other industry design and production software is necessary.
In addition the following skills are a plus:
- Drawing skills
- Knowledge of printing processes
- Knowledge of paper and print specifications
- Familiarity with type styles, type design and type specifications
- Familiarity with stock photography as well as retouching and image manipulation
- Desire for learning all things graphic design and industry trends
- A great attitude and team oriented (nerf gun skills a plus)
- Provides design and illustration (digital and/or traditional) from conception to completion as required.
- Works with Art Director/copywriting teams to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns.
- Assists account teams with presentations for creative and new business pitches.
- Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions; takes training in the use of new design and illustration software as the agency requires.
- Assists in archiving and maintaining digital files, project hard copies, photography, illustrations, logo art, type styles, historical collateral samples, etc., of client materials and resources, and in maintaining a log of said archives to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references.
- Maintains current computer software skills compatible with the needs of other creative team members.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Be proficient in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Excellent communication, public speaking and writing skills.
- Bachelors degree or similar experience in related field.
- Prior agency experience a plus.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com or fill out the contact form on this page.