The Social Media Manager is responsible for implementing strategic social media approaches that connect brands and people with thoughtful and engaging marketing solutions.
As a Social Media Manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively. Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
- Proactively drive winning ideas forward as part of their strategic planning process
- Simultaneously manage platforms and clients in a fast-paced environment
- Integrate social and consumer insights into context that builds brands
- Seek out, embrace and identify innovative ways to amplify social advocates for our clients’ brands
- Use relevant social data and reporting to consistently optimize social media impact and content on an ongoing basis
- Identify and engage online influencers such as bloggers, YouTubers, Instagram influencers, etc.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures, etc.)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- 2+ years social media experience required; should have a proven record of obtaining results
- Demonstrate creativity and documented immersion in social media, with in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Strong understanding of user-generated content management, content marketing and reputation management
- Experience with traditional public relations tactics and how they intersect with social media in today’s digital world
- Strong understanding of social media and community trends/technology is a must, as is the ability and flexibility to own and operate day-to-day social operations
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills, including ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and shifting priorities
- Strategic content creation and excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with ability to work with a wide range of personalities and audiences
- Understanding of analytics, on all social media platforms
We have hikers, mountain climbers, musicians, runners, video game gurus, movie buffs, extroverts, and introverts. We have family people, single people, happy people, caring people. You will always find a friend and your place to fit in here at Think Tank.
As a woman-owned company committed to equal employment opportunities, diversity drives our identity. Think Tank is the type of company where you can balance great work with a great life. You age is only a number to us – we don’t care if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for your experience and willingness to be part of the team. We strive to take care of our people and genuinely care about them.
Think Tank is a company comprised of creators, innovators, artists, storytellers, makers and leaders. We’ve been named both Best Marketing Firm and Best Public Relations Firm in St. Louis for 11 years in a row and have been awarded Most Innovative Company in St. Louis, a Future 50 Company, one of the Largest Marketing Firms in St. Louis, and Best Place to Work in St. Louis. We’ve also won countless awards including Telly Awards, Communicator Awards, TAM Awards and more! Company culture is our priority, and we proudly support an inclusive employee environment. We know that our clients are best supported when our teammates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion or ability, are equally supported. We believe in equal opportunities for everybody.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com or fill out the contact form on this page.