The Account Executive is responsible for daily contact between the agency and client accounts. The Account Executive interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client. This includes meeting with the Creative Director concerning creative issues and input, the Director of Interactive concerning interactive projects, and the CEO to discuss strategy and the accounts overall.
The Account Executive has major input in developing strategic marketing plans for their clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the Account Executive is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis.
- Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- Receives client briefings. Adds tasks into project management systems such as Basecamp after all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel. Quickly and accurately relays Client Change Orders to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls, texts and emails.
- Oversees execution of approved programs.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Informs supervisors regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves supervisors immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Keeps account coordinator/assistant informed of client activities.
- Represents agency at industry and community functions.
The Ideal Candidate Would Have:
- Excellent communication, public speaking and writing skills.
- Experience in account management.
- Team building skills.
- Bachelors degree in related field.
- Experience managing social media accounts.
- Understanding of SEO, Google AdWords a plus.
- Prior agency experience a plus.
- Competitive pay based on your skill level, not your previous salary
- Ability to craft your work environment with flexible locations
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave (including mothers, fathers, adoptive parents)
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible work schedules
We have hikers, mountain climbers, musicians, runners, video game gurus, movie buffs, extroverts, and introverts. We have family people, single people, happy people, caring people. You will always find a friend and your place to fit in here at Think Tank.
As a woman-owned company committed to equal employment opportunities, diversity drives our identity. Think Tank is the type of company where you can balance great work with a great life. You age is only a number to us – we don’t care if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for your experience and willingness to be part of the team. We strive to take care of our people and genuinely care about them.
Think Tank is a company comprised of creators, innovators, artists, storytellers, makers and leaders. We’ve been named both Best Marketing Firm and Best Public Relations Firm in St. Louis for 11 years in a row and have been awarded Most Innovative Company in St. Louis, a Future 50 Company, one of the Largest Marketing Firms in St. Louis, and Best Place to Work in St. Louis. We’ve also won countless awards including Telly Awards, Communicator Awards, TAM Awards and more! Company culture is our priority, and we proudly support an inclusive employee environment. We know that our clients are best supported when our teammates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion or ability, are equally supported. We believe in equal opportunities for everybody.
To apply, send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com or fill out the contact form on this page.